Claytonville in Swisher County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Claytonville
Erected 1975 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1623.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
Location. 34° 22.524′ N, 101° 34.976′ W. Marker is in Claytonville, Texas, in Swisher County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 145, 0.4 miles west of Farm to Market Road 2301, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kress TX 79052, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Palo Duro Canyon (approx. Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 7˝ miles away); Francis School (approx. 8˝ miles away); Site of Celtic Post Office (approx. 9.2 miles away); United Methodist Church of Kress (approx. 9.3 miles away); Site of Holt School (approx. 9.4 miles away); Trinity Lutheran Church (approx. 9.9 miles away); Kress Cemetery (approx. 10.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on November 20, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 20, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 281 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 20, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.