Near Silverton in Briscoe County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Celtic Post Office
(0.8 mi E)
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4753.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately 📭 series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 2, 1891.
Location. 34° 25.632′ N, 101° 26.1′ W. Marker is near Silverton, Texas, in Briscoe County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 378 3˝ miles south of Texas Highway 86, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Silverton TX 79257, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Francis School (approx. 2.7 miles away); Palo Duro Canyon (approx. 6.7 miles away); Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 6.7 miles away); Site of Holt School (approx. 7.6 miles away); a different marker also named Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 7.6 miles away); First Baptist Church of Silverton (approx. 7.9 miles away); First Methodist Church of Silverton (approx. 8 miles away); Pleasant Lafayette Crawford House (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Silverton.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 21, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 21, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 269 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.