Fort Klamath in Klamath County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Ft. Klamath Frontier Post
relationships between the Indians and the
early settlers by the Oregon Volunteer
Calvary in 1863. The post was abandoned by
the United States Army in 1890. Now preserved
Klamath County Park
for all people
Location. 42° 41.475′ N, 121° 58.43′ W. Marker is in Fort Klamath, Oregon, in Klamath County. Marker can be reached from Crater Lake Highway (Route 62). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Klamath OR 97626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The First Sawmill (a few steps from this marker); Site of Fort Klamath (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Klamath Military Cemetery Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Town of Fort Klamath (approx. 1.4 miles away); Klamath Fish Hatchery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Collier Memorial Logging Museum (approx. 5.8 miles away); Stout Abner (approx. 5.8 miles away); Williamson River (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Klamath.
More about this marker. This historical marker is located within Fort Klamath County Park Museum and is
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 111 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 7, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.