Holy Trinity in Russell County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Spanish Fort, 1689-1691
Erected 1986 by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Russell County Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 13.239′ N, 85° 0.352′ W. Marker is in Holy Trinity, Alabama, in Russell County. Marker is at the intersection of Alabama Route 165 and Terminal Road (Route 54), on the right when traveling north on State Route 165. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Holy Trinity AL 36859, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bartram's Trail (approx. 3.9 miles away); Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church /Macedonia School Fryar Field (approx. 4.8 miles away); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 5.4 miles away in Georgia); Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 8.2 miles away in Georgia); Pokkecheta, or the Ball Play (approx. 8.6 miles away); Indian Ball Ground (approx. 8.6 miles away); Archaeology And Our Understanding of the Creek People (approx. 8.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the Apalachicola Fort Site. (Submitted on February 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Landmarks • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 203 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.