Cape May Court House in Cape May County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Settled by Shamgar Hand 1690. “Middletown” became Cape May Court House. First County building, 1745; this structure, 1849.
Location. 39° 5.015′ N, 74° 49.384′ W. Marker is in Cape May Court House, New Jersey, in Cape May County. Marker is on North Main Street 0.1 miles south of Church Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located directly in front of Old Cape May County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Cape May Court House NJ 08210, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cape May Revolutionary Patriot Memorial (here, next to this marker); Historic Cape May County Court House (a few steps from this marker); Salt Marshes (approx. 3.1 miles away); This is the Home of the Whitesboro Grammar School (approx. 3.6 miles away); George Henry White (approx. 3.6 miles away); Pumping Station 1924 (approx. 4 miles away); U.S. Life Saving Station No.35 (Tatham Life Saving Station) (approx. 4.2 miles away); All Shapes, Sizes and Materials (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cape May Court House.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.