Louisville in Jefferson County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Thomas Edison Butchertown House
( back )
Erected 1982 by Kentucky Historical Society Kentucky Department of Transportation. (Marker Number 1713.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 38° 15.33′ N, 85° 44.299′ W. Marker is in Louisville, Kentucky, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of E Washington Street and N Shelby Street, on the right when traveling west on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 729 E Washington Street, Louisville KY 40202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Johnís Evanglical Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Catherine Spalding / St. Vincent Orphanage and Infirmary (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lincoln Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Lincolnís Ties To Kentucky (approx. half a mile away); Birth of Truth In Advertising (approx. 0.7 miles away); First Louisville Slugger Bat (approx. ĺ mile away); Second African Baptist Church (approx. ĺ mile away); Slavery Laws In Old Kentucky/Site of Arterburn Brothers Slave Pens (approx. ĺ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisville.
Regarding Thomas Edison Butchertown House. In the 1800s this section of Louisville was called “Butchertown” because cattle pens and slaughterhouses were clustered here
Also see . . .
1. Historic Homes Foundation, Inc. (Submitted on June 17, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Thomas Edison on Wikipedia. (Submitted on June 17, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 17, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 90 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 17, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.