Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Flynn House

1865

 
 
The Flynn House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
1. The Flynn House Marker
Inscription.
This large frame house was built in 1865 by a family named Jones. In 1889, Dr. Flynn bought it and his family continued to live here until 1951.

Dr. John C. Flynn, born in New York in 1850, came to the Warren Village in 1880 and was the only doctor there fro many years. When Warren was incorporated in 1893, Dr. Flynn was elected its first President. Both Dr. Flynn and his wife, Annie Flyn were influential in establishing the Murthum High School in 1926 after several trips to Lansing to obtain the monies.

Annie Flynn, besides assisting her husband as a trained nurse, served the community in many capacities. She was chairman of the township Womens War Board during World War I and treasurer of School District No. 3 for several years. The Flynn Junior High School was dedicated in her name on January 21, 1973. She passed away in 1942 at 93 years of age.
 
Erected 1997 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
 
Location. 42° 31.575′ N, 83° 2.718′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Chicago Road 0.2 miles east of Mound Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6048 Chicago Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At
The Flynn House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
2. The Flynn House and Marker
least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Warren Village Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Paul United Church of Christ (about 500 feet away); The Hoard House (about 600 feet away); Red Run Creek (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. mile away); The Joiner House 1895 (approx. mile away); a different marker also named Red Run Creek (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
 
Categories. EducationScience & MedicineSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Paid Advertisement