Navy Yard in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Frank W. Crilley Building
Frank W. Crilley, Ensign, U.S. Navy, 1888-1947
Erected by U.S. Navy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Medal of Honor Recipients marker series.
Location. 38° 52.372′ N, 76° 59.831′ W. Marker is in Navy Yard, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is on Sicard Street, SE. Touch for map. The Marker is three blocks south of the Navy Yard's west gate off M Street, SE; on the south face of the Crilley Building near its main entrance, mid-way between Isaac Hull and Patterson Avenues, SE on Sicard Street,
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington Navy Yard Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Willard Park (within shouting distance of this marker); "4-in. 40 caliber rifles" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Navy Gun Car (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Willard Park (about 400 feet away); USS Balao (SS-285) (about 400 feet away); The Leg of Colonel Ulric Dahlgren (about 500 feet away); Welcome Aboard the Display Ship BARRY (DD-993)(sic) (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Navy Yard.
More about this marker. Parking is restricted on the Navy Yard during business hours. Visitors without military identification are required to enter the Yard via the west entrance off M Street, SE. Drivers must obtain a visitor's pass and proceed to an authorized parking area as directed.
Also see . . . Frank W. Crilley. (Submitted on October 31, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Categories. • Heroes • Military • Notable Persons • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,112 times since then and 31 times this year. Last updated on August 24, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 14, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3. submitted on October 31, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.