Danville in Vermilion County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lincoln / Lamon Law Oﬃce
Erected 1923 by Governer Bradford Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 7.478′ N, 87° 37.815′ W. Marker is in Danville, Illinois, in Vermilion County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and North Vermilion Street, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is on South/East corner of East Exterior wall of what is known locally as the "Skyscraper" building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4 West Main Street, Danville IL 61832, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Danville's Lincoln (within shouting distance of this marker); Abraham Lincoln (within shouting distance of this marker); Lincoln's Danville Friends (within shouting distance of this marker); The Temple / Danville USA (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Abraham Lincoln at Danville Presbyterian Church Abraham Lincoln (approx. ¼ mile away); Lindley Sign Post Forest (approx. ¼ mile away); American Revolutionary War Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Danville.
Also see . . . Travel with Lincoln. Climb into Lincoln’s buggy and take a trip with Lincoln and his fellow lawyers on the job traveling Illinois as Circuit Lawyers. See all the Lincoln Circuit Markers (and a surprise or two), in the order of his travels while a member of the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District (of Illinois) during 1847-1857. Use the “First >>” button in the upper right to see these markers in sequence, starting from Springfield. (Submitted on October 17, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Notable Buildings • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 25, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,866 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 25, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 3. submitted on September 8, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 4. submitted on November 20, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.