Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Murthum-Vander Vlucht House
This farm house was built in 1895. The architectural design is a combination of Greek Revival & Queen Anne (noted by the gables, dental moldings, fish scale shingles and fret work).
The house originally sat 200 ft. E. from it's current location. It was moved in the 1920's when Mound Road was changed from a horse & buggy dirt road.
Several acres of land were later used for the Willima Murthum School, also known as Victory School.
Erected 1997 by Warren Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 31.802′ N, 83° 2.914′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is at the intersection of Murthum Avenue and Mound Road, on the left when traveling west on Murthum Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5820 Murthum Avenue, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Red Run Creek (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Red Run Creek (about 600 feet away); The Hoard House (approx. ¼ mile away); The Joiner House 1895 (approx. ¼ mile away); The Wilson-Bosh Home First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Paul United Church of Christ (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Flynn House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Architecture • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 20, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.