Troy in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Sheriﬀ’s House and Jail
Part of the Complex in Downtown Troy
Sheriff’s House built in 1826
Jail in rear built in 1830.
Both served until 1854, when
the brick sheriff’s house and
the stone jail across the street
Erected 1969 by The Troy Historical Society.
Location. 40° 2.418′ N, 84° 12.311′ W. Marker is in Troy, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is on West Main Street (Ohio Route 41) near South Plum Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 124 W Main St, Troy OH 45373, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Courthouses and Jail (a few steps from this marker); LFWB&G Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Miami County War Quota Plaque (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Troy's Public Square & Third Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Overfield Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Engine Storage Location (approx. ¼ mile away); Rose Hill Cemetery 1849 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Troy Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Troy.
Categories. • Architecture • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.