This panel features the Missouri State flag, which was designed by Cape Girardeau native, Maria Watkins Oliver. It was officially adopted March 22, 1913. Also represented are the official tree of Missouri - the dogwood, the official bird of Missouri - the bluebird, and the title of the mural — "Missouri Wall of Fame.”
Title Panel Sponsor:
Drury Southwest "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." Drury Southwest and our employees are proud to sponsor this panel in memory of Anna Rose Drurym co-founder of Drury southwest. She characterized the values of this company and realized that respect and gratitude would ensure that our success is never final.
Wall of Fame-Hall of Fame
Listed below are individuals and organizations who have contributed in a major way to the success of the Missouri Wall of Fame project.
• Southeast Missourian Newspaper
• Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau
• Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railroad
• Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce
• Old Town Cape
• Robert Boitnott Painting
• City of Cape Girardeau
• Arts Council of Southeast Missouri
Members of the River Heritage Mural Association:
J. Tim Blattnerm president, Paul J. Lloyd. L. J. (Freck)Shivelbine, Don Greenwood,
Erected by Missouri Wall of Fame River Heritage Mural Association.
Location. 37° 18.088′ N, 89° 31.094′ W. Marker is in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, in Cape Girardeau County. Marker is on Water Street. Touch for map. Located on Missouri Wall of Fame along the Missouri River Front. Marker is in this post office area: Cape Girardeau MO 63703, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Artists (here, next to this marker); Missouri Mule, The Wild West (here, next to this marker); 1964 (within shouting distance of this marker); 1925 (within shouting distance of this marker); 1924 (within shouting distance of this marker); Entertainers (within shouting distance of this marker); 1916 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cape Girardeau.
Also see . . .
1. Maria Watkins Oliver. Marie Watkins Oliver is known as “the Betsy Ross of Missouri.” She designed and created the Missouri State Flag. Missourians have a unique and representative flag because of her extensive research, vision, and perseverance. (Submitted on September 2, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
2. Mississippi River Tales Mural. The Mississippi River Tales is a mural containing 24 panels covering nearly 18,000 square feet (1,700 m2) of the 15-foot (4.6 m)-high downtown floodwall in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. (Submitted on September 2, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 44 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.