Near Mill Creek in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
“Callaway Place” - 1814.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-29C.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 44.938′ N, 85° 6.194′ W. Marker is near Mill Creek, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Lafayette Road (Georgia Route 201) and Gordon Springs Road, on the right when traveling south on Lafayette Road Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dalton GA 30719, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Twentieth Corps in Dogwood Valley (here, next to this marker); Geary's Division to Dug Gap (approx. 1.9 miles away); Dr. Anderson’s House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Battle of Dug Gap (approx. 3.6 miles away); Babb's Settlement (approx. 3.6 miles away); Nickajack Gap (approx. 4.7 miles away); Dug Gap (approx. 5 miles away); McPherson’s Army at Snake Creek Gap (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mill Creek.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • War of 1812 • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,373 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 27, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.