Gardnerville in Douglas County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Centerville, comprising a bar opened by Chris Berning in 1902 and a blacksmith shop opened by John C. Rieman in 1903 and sold to Parks Brothers who moved here from Sheridan in 1901, marked the eastern end of Brockliss Road.
Carson Valley Marker No. 1
Douglas County Commissioners
Carson Valley Historical Society
Erected 1971 by Douglas County Commissioners and the Carson Valley Historical Society. (Marker Number 1.)
Location. 38° 54.622′ N, 119° 46.773′ W. Marker is in Gardnerville, Nevada, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of Centerville Lane (Nevada Route 756) and Nevada Highway 88, on the left when traveling west on Centerville Lane. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gardnerville NV 89460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Sheridan (approx. 2.6 miles away); Farmerís Telephone Company (approx. 2.6 miles away); Record Courier Building (approx. 2.6 miles away); Ritchford Hotel (approx. 2.7 miles away); J & T Basque Restaurant Building (approx. 2.7 miles away); Sharkey's Nugget (approx. 2.7 miles away); Arendt Jensen Merchandise (approx. 2.7 miles away); Adaven Building (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gardnerville.
More about this marker. The marker/monument is on the southwest corner of intersection of Highway 88 and Centerville Lane.
Also see . . . Carson Valley Historical Marker Text. See especially the paragraphs on Gardnerville and Sheridan for short histories of each. (Submitted on August 28, 2008.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,159 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 28, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.