Pugwash Train Station 1961
The station was built in 1888. Rail service to Pugwash commenced in 1890 and ceased in 1993. Five miles of track linked Pugwash to the Shortline at Pugwash Junction. The Shortline ran from Pictou to Oxford Junction linking it with the rail track which runs from Halifax to New Brunswick and on to the rest of Canada.
Erected by the Village of Pugwash.
Location. 45° 50.987′ N, 63° 39.636′ W. Marker is in Pugwash, Nova Scotia, in Cumberland County. Marker is on Durham Street (Nova Scotia Route 6) just west of Russell Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10222 Durham Street, Pugwash, Nova Scotia B0K 1L0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pugwash Railway Station (here, next to this marker); The Pugwash Conferences and Masonic Lodge (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Evolution of Pugwash Industry (about 180 meters away); World Wars Memorial (about 180 meters away); The Gathering of the Clans (about 210 meters away); Pugwash Streetscapes (about 240 meters away); Pugwash Harbour (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Nova Scotia Clayworks (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pugwash.
Also see . . .
Categories. • Communications • Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 77 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.