Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Colón in Municipality of Colón, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
 

“Antiguo Hospital”

 

—Ruta Cristera —

 
"Antiguo Hospital" Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, September 10, 2017
1. "Antiguo Hospital" Marker
Inscription.
“Antiguo Hospital”
Casa donada por Doña Manuela Gómez de la Cortina, antiguo Hospital hasta 1924, albergo a la Escuela Leona Vicario en 1947 y funciono como Casa de la Cultura de 1987 al 23 de julio de 2002.
La señorita Manuela Gómez de la Cortina dejo consignado en la cláusula 8a de su testamento un legado de tres mil pesos para un Hospital en la Villa de Colón. Y así lo dispuso el decreto 7 del 15 de diciembre de 1887. El ejecutivo, en virtud de la facultad que le concedió el art. 40 de ese decreto, nombró para que formaran la junta a los CC. Pedro de la Vega, Juan D. Mota, Hilario Salazar, Cipriano Obregón, Antonio Martínez y José Ma. Uribe.

English translation:
The Old Hospital
This house was donated by Doña Manuela Gómez de la Cortina, and served as a hospital until 1924. It was the Leona Vicario School in 1947 and then served as a House of Culture from 1987 until July 23, 2002.
Manuela Gómez de la Cortina, in the 8th clause of her will, created a fund of three thousand pesos for a hospital in the Villa de Colón. This was done by Decree Number 7 of December 15, 1887. The executive, by virtue of the faculty that was granted to him by Article 40 of that decree, appointed the following to manage the hospital board: Pedro de la Vega, Juan
Plate mounted just above the "Antiguo Hospital" Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, September 10, 2017
2. Plate mounted just above the "Antiguo Hospital" Marker
Pueblo y Gobierno
Ayuntamiento 85-88
Colon, Qro.

English translation:
People and Government
Town Council of 85-88
Colón, Querétaro
D. Mota, Hilario Salazar, Cipriano Obregón, Antonio Martínez and José María Uribe.

 
Erected by Municipio de Colón, Presidencia Municipal 2012-2015.
 
Location. 20° 47.256′ N, 100° 2.932′ W. Marker is in Colón, Querétaro, in Municipality of Colón. Marker can be reached from Calle Francisco I. Madero just north of Calle Álvaro Obregón, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Colón, Querétaro 76270, Mexico.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "El Jardín Unión" (a few steps from this marker); Lieutenant Coronel Norberto García (within shouting distance of this marker); The Landaverde House (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Norberto García de la Vega (about 180 meters away); "La Purísima" (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); The Parish of San Francisco (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Temple of San Francisco de Asís (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); "La Gaviota" (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Colón.
 
Categories. Charity & Public WorkEducationScience & Medicine
 
"Antiguo Hospital" Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, September 10, 2017
3. "Antiguo Hospital" Marker
The marker is at the far left of the building, now the "Instituto Tecnológico de Querétaro" (Technological Institute of Querétaro).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 16, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 16, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement