Ca. 1835 • Shelburne, Vermont (in situ)
This brick farmhouse is the only historic structure at the Museum original to the site. A rambling building, its complex structure consists of a series of one- and two-room additions to the original farmhouse in the New England "continuous architecture" tradition.
On display are collections including English ceramics, Toby and mammoth jugs, mochaware, Chinese export porcelain, American and European pewter, trivets, blown and pressed glass, glass canes and whimseys, scrimshaw, and food molds. The second-floor galleries exhibit collections of dolls, dollhouses, and automata.
Erected by the Shelburne Museum.
Location. 44° 22.665′ N, 73° 13.758′ W. Marker is in Shelburne, Vermont, in Chittenden County. Touch for map. Marker and building are on the Shelburne Museum grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6000 Shelburne Road (US Hwy 7), Shelburne VT 05482, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Toy Shop (here, next to this marker); Hat and Fragrance Textile Gallery (a few steps from this marker); Stone Cottage (a few steps from this marker); Smokehouse (within shouting distance
Also see . . .
1. The Shelburne Museum Story. (Submitted on October 20, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. The New England Connecting Barn. (Submitted on October 20, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 67 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 20, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.