Pacifica in San Mateo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Discovery of San Francisco Bay
State Registered Landmarks Nos. 24 and 394
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by County Board of Supervisors in Cooperation with San Mateo County Historical Association.
Dedicated October 16, 1949
Erected 1949 by California Centennials Commission. (Marker Number 24 and 394.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Juan Caspar de Portolį Expedition marker series.
Location. 37° 35.959′ N, 122° 30.003′ W. Marker is in Pacifica, California, in San Mateo County. Marker is at the intersection of Coast Highway (California Route 1) and Crespi Drive, on the right when traveling north on Coast Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pacifica CA 94044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Don Gaspar de Portolą (about 300 Sanchez Adobe (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Little Brown Church (approx. 2.5 miles away); First Camp After Discovery of San Francisco Bay (approx. 4.8 miles away); The San Andreas Fault (approx. 5.1 miles away); Seabiscuit (approx. 5.1 miles away); Tanforan Assembly Center Commemorative Garden (approx. 5.1 miles away); Tanforan Racetrack Japanese Assembly Center (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pacifica.
Also see . . . Pacifica, California. (Submitted on June 6, 2007, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Politics • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 6, 2007, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,850 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 6, 2007, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.