Liberty Trust Company Bell
This bell was cast in 1922 by the McShane Bell Foundry of Baltimore, and hung in the tower of Liberty Trust Company, 830 Hamilton St. Allentown. The bank was founded in 1919, and the façade of the building was altered to evoke Independence Hall three years later. Allentown furniture manufacturer Louis J.G. Buehler purchased the tower of the building before it was demolished in the 1960s, but only the bell itself and the steam engine displayed in the Museum survived a subsequent fire in a storage building.
Louis J.G. Buehler Collection, National Canal Museum, a program of the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor.
Erected by National Canal Museum.
Location. 40° 39.721′ N, 75° 14.349′ W. Marker is in Easton, Pennsylvania, in Northampton County. Touch for map. Marker and bell are at the National Canal Museum in Hugh Moore Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2750 Hugh Moore Park Road, Easton PA 18042, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Date Plate (a few steps from this marker); Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Easton & Nearby Heritage Attractions (within shouting distance
Also see . . . National Canal Museum. (Submitted on November 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.