Idaho Falls in Bonneville County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Eagle Rock Meeting House
The meeting house was used for religious worship, recreation and public gatherings from 1885 to 1896.
Also honoring the pioneer women of the Upper Snake River Valley, who suffered many hardships in the development of this area.
Erected 1938 by Bonneville County Company, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 34.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 43° 29.831′ N, 112° 2.481′ W. Marker is in Idaho Falls, Idaho, in Bonneville County. Marker is at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Memorial Drive, on the right when traveling south on Riverside Drive. Touch for map. Marker is located just west of the traffic roundabout, in the park overlooking the Snake River, along the Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail. Marker is in this post office area: Idaho Falls ID 83403, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing (within shouting distance of this marker); Snake River Bridge (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eagle Rock Ferry (approx. 0.4 miles away); Taylor's Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away).
More about this marker. Metal tablet mounted on large stone pedestal
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.