Open Sugar Kettles
Open sugar kettles, originally used to produce granulated sugar, were phased out beginning about 1830. This kettle purchased from Cinclare Plantation in the 1960s by Vernon and Joyce Peavy Caffarel, was last used to water livestock.
Donated by Vernon and Joyce Peavy Caffarel to the Town of Brusly, in commemoration of the Brusly Centennial October 2001, with sincere wishes for the kettle to be enjoyed by present and future generations.
Erected 2001 by Town of Brusly.
Location. 30° 23.172′ N, 91° 14.675′ W. Marker is in Brusly, Louisiana, in West Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is at the intersection of South Vaughn Drive and East Francis Street, on the left when traveling south on South Vaughn Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 South Vaughn Drive, Brusly LA 70719, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Brusly, Louisiana (here, next to this marker); Charles P. Adams (here, next to this marker); New Brusly Town Hall Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Herbert Osborn Dickerson (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Lukeville School
More about this marker. Located in front of the Brusly Town Hall.
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2017.