Sanderson in Terrell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Terrell County Eagle
From original courthouse
constructed in 1906.
On reconstruction of courthouse
in 1934, Eagle disappeared.
After 65 years,
found, ransomed and returned
on July 4th, 1999.
Donor list in courthouse
Location. 30° 8.581′ N, 102° 23.692′ W. Marker is in Sanderson, Texas, in Terrell County. Marker is on East Hackberry Street east of 1st Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker (and subject Eagle) are mounted on a pedestal and tall column. This sculpture is located directly in front of the Terrell County Courthouse, on the right side of the sidewalk leading to main entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 East Hackberry Street, Sanderson TX 79848, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. General Alexander W. Terrell / Texas in the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker).
Also see . . . Terrell County Courthouse.
The original Terrell County courthouse eagle is now perched on top of a stone pillar in front of the current courthouse (Submitted on November 30, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 78 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 30, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.