Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The Residence of Agustín Iturbide
cuando fue proclamado emperador
15 de mayo de
Catálogo de la Insp. Gral. de Monumentos Artísticos e Históricos
when he was proclaimed Emperor
May 15, 1822
Catalogue of the Inspector General of Artistic and Historic Monuments
Erected by Catálogo de la Inspección General de Monumentos Artísticos e Históricos.
Location. 19° 26.029′ N, 99° 8.344′ W. Marker is in Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México. Marker is on Avenidad Francisco I. Madero just west of Calle Bolívar, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México 06000, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The House of the Count of San Mateo Valparaiso (here, next to this marker); Sebastián Lerdo de Tejada (a few steps from this marker); The Expiatory Temple of San Felipe de Jesús (within shouting distance of this marker); José de la Borda (about 90 meters away, measured The Temple of San Francisco (about 120 meters away); Sebastián de Aparicio (about 120 meters away); House of the Count of the Valley of Orizaba (about 120 meters away); La Casa de los Azulejos (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ciudad de Mexico.
Also see . . . Palace of Culture Banamex (in Spanish). With the marriage of Miguel de Berrio y Zaldívar, First Marquis of Jaral de Berrio, and his wife Ana María de la Campa y Cos, Second Countess of San Mateo de Valparaíso, this palace was built between 1779 and 1785, having as a director of works the architect Francisco Guerrero y Torres. The building became famous as the Palace of Iturbide since it was inhabited by Agustín de Iturbide before being crowned Emperor of Mexico, on May 15, 1822. From 1830 to 1834 it was the seat of the Mining College and later it housed commercial businesses and public offices. As of 1851, it functioned as a hotel. With the passage of time the palace suffered many changes. In 1964, the building was acquired by the National Bank of Mexico as part of a project to restore viceroyal architecture, with the restoration works being completed on March 24, 1972. Since (Submitted on December 12, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.)
Categories. • Politics • Wars, Non-US •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 12, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 12, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3. submitted on December 12, 2017.