Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Taylorís

Ca. 1924

 
 
Taylorís Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, December 20, 2017
1. Taylorís Marker
Inscription. After the 1915 fire, Irving Taylor built this new building, the fourth location for the business, which grew from jewelry and optometry to music boxes, then home appliances which at that time use motors powered by generators. In 1970 Marvin L. Sachs purchased this building from his uncle an operated Taylorís Antique Mall for over 40 Years.
 
Location. 39° 16.046′ N, 76° 47.862′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Maryland Route 144) and Old Columbia Pike, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8197 Main Street, Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Walker-Chandler House (a few steps from this marker); The Howard House Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Sunflower Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Firehouse Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); The Odd Fellows Lodge (within shouting distance of this marker); Day-French-Puhl House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Yates Market & Hardware (about 300 feet away); Wootton Law Offices (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellicott City.
 
More about this marker.
Taylorís Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, December 20, 2017
2. Taylorís Marker
This marker seems to have gotten the name of the family patriarch and builder of this building wrong. The 1924 building was built by Isaac Taylor. In 1939 Isaac Taylor bought the Patapsco Manor psychiatric hospital and in 1949 his son Irving became the Medical Director. The hospital was renamed Taylor Manor in 1954.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceMan-Made Features
 
Taylorís image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, December 20, 2017
3. Taylorís
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 21, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 21, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement