Buchanan in Haralson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 071-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 48.104′ N, 85° 11.39′ W. Marker is in Buchanan, Georgia, in Haralson County. Marker is at the intersection of Business U.S. 27 and Weatherly Street, on the left when traveling south on U.S. 27Business . Touch for map. The marker is located on the old Haralson County Courthouse lawn. Marker is in this post office area: Buchanan GA 30113, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sandtown Trail (approx. 6.8 miles away); Seven Chestnuts (approx. 6.8 miles away); Historic Tallapoosa (approx. 6.8 miles away); Sacred Harp Singing (approx. 8.5 miles away); Old Van Wert Polk County (approx. 15.6 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,262 times since then and 48 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 7, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?