Government Camp in Clackamas County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
formerly a camp on the old Barlow Road, the village was named in 1849 when US Cavalry troops were forced to abandon wagons and supplies here.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Oregon Trail marker series.
Location. 45° 18.252′ N, 121° 45.396′ W. Marker is in Government Camp, Oregon, in Clackamas County. Marker is on Government Camp Loop near East Wyeast Trail, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 88335 Government Camp Loop, Government Camp OR 97028, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Government Camp (approx. 0.2 miles away); Samuel Kimbrough Barlow (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Sumate Prairie" (approx. 1.6 miles away); Laurel Hill (approx. 2.2 miles away); Timberline Lodge (approx. 2.9 miles away); A Final Rest (approx. 3.1 miles away); "Disparite Bad Beyond Discription" (approx. 3.8 miles away); Barlow Road (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Government Camp.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 93 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.