Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Anderson County Law Enforcement Oﬃcers Memorial
A memorial to the Memory of the law enforcement officers of Anderson County South Carolina who gave their lives in the line of duty. Their valor and sacrifice will be long remembered.
William Gibson Anderson Police Dept. 1924
James Wilson Sheriff Dept. 1926
Luther Martin Sheriff Dept. 1928
Ed Sanders Anderson Police Dept. 1947
W.L. Bill Acker Anderson Police Dept. 1956
Ed Tillotson Sheriff Dept. 1957
Earl Compton Iva Police Dept. 1967
A.C. Campbell S.C. Wildlife Dept. 1969
Berry Creamer Sheriff Dept. 1972
Edgar Cooley Honea Path Police Dept. 1973
Charles Sheppard Anderson Police Dept. 1975
Arthur Hughes Honea Path Police Dept. 1920
Lewis Sexton Sheriff Dept. 1965
Randall L. Hester S.C. Highway Patrol. 1994
Alex Burdette Sheriff Dept. 2005
Dedicated in Honored Memory
By Their Fellow Officers
Erected 1985 by Police Departments of Anderson County and the Anderson Fraternal Order of Police.
Location. 34° 30.183′ N, 82° 39.017′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker can be reached from South Main Street (State Highway 28). Touch for map. Marker is located in the plaza in front of the New County Courthouse. It faces the main entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 South Main Street, Anderson SC 29621, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Anderson County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Anderson County Court House -- 1898 (a few steps from this marker); William Church Whitner (within shouting distance of this marker); The Four Way Test (within shouting distance of this marker); Anderson: "The Electric City" (within shouting distance of this marker); Sullivan Hardware Co. -- 1875 (within shouting distance of this marker); Bank of Anderson Building - ca. 1891 (within shouting distance of this marker); Fant's Book Store -- 1851 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blue Ridge Railroad Passenger Station -- c. 1913 (about 400 feet away); Masonic Temple -- 1889 (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Categories. • Heroes • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,434 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 12, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 2. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.