Thibodaux in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Philip Sargent Armitage
A son of a prominent Thibodaux merchant and a founder of St. John's Episcopal Church, Charles Armitage, Philip Armitage lived at the family home of the same name, om the Terrebonne Road south of Thibodaux. Possibly designed by one of Louisiana's more notable Architects, Henry Howard, the 1852 home was built by Francis L. Mead, Philip's grandfather, on land once owned by George S. Guion. It was restored in the 1960s by the late Frank and Betty Wurzlow.
Erected by St. John's Historic Cemetery.
Location. 29° 47.622′ N, 90° 49.41′ W. Marker is in Thibodaux, Louisiana, in Lafourche Parish. Marker can be reached from Jackson Street south of Seventh Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 718 Jackson Street, Thibodaux LA 70301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Nelson & Andrew Jackson Donelson (here, next to this marker); Archibald Mackenzie (a few steps from this marker); Francis Redding Tillou Nicholls (a few steps from this marker); John Carlton Beatty (a few steps from this marker); Whitmell Pugh Martin Marcus Pennington Zills (a few steps from this marker); James Mcallister (a few steps from this marker); St. John's Historic Cemetery (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thibodaux.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 15, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 86 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 16, 2018. 4. submitted on July 27, 2018.