Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
John Marshall Corps of Cadets
1915 • 1971
at John Marshall High School
in 1915 was the first
military training program
in a public school in Virginia.
Dedicated to the thousands of
young men who wore the uniform
of the Corps of Cadets. This cadet
stands guard over the home of
Chief Justice John Marshall. From
1909 - 1960 John Marshall High School
proudly stood next to this national landmark.
Location. 37° 32.517′ N, 77° 26′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is on East Marshall Street west of North 9th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 818 E Marshall St, Richmond VA 23219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Marshall House (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named The John Marshall House (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named The John Marshall House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Edward V. Valentine Sculpture Studio (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Valentine Museum (about Grant House / Sheltering Arms Hospital (about 700 feet away); Freedmen's Bureau Freedman's Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wickham-Valentine House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2018, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 70 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2018, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.