Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
The Church and Convent of Santa Clara
Iglesia y Convento de Santa Clara
Edificado en 1522 por Don Rodrigo Pimentel, cuyo escudo de armas ostenta la puerta principal de la iglesia. Sirvió de asilo y claustro a las monjas Clarisas.
Built in 1522 by Rodrigo Pimentel, whose coat of arms graces the principal entryway to the church. It served as asylum and cloister of the Poor Clare nuns.
Erected by Ministerio de Cultura.
Location. 18° 28.341′ N, 69° 52.984′ W. Marker is in Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional. Marker is on Calle Padre Billini just east of Calle Isabel la Católica, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional 10210, Dominican Republic.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Plaza of the Priests (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Founding of the Listín Diario (about 90 meters away); Diego Caballero House (about 90 meters away); Calle de las Damas (about 120 meters away); The Fortress of Santo Domingo (about 120 meters away); Francisco X. Billini (about 120 meters away); Arturo Pellerano Castro (about 120 meters away); Julia de Burgos (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santo Domingo.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 12, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.