Foxworth in Marion County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Located 16 miles south, is oldest house in Pearl River Valley. Built by Methodist preacher, John Ford, who came in 1805 from S.C. Here Pearl R. Convention met in 1816.
Erected 1949 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 31° 13.527′ N, 89° 52.446′ W. Marker is in Foxworth, Mississippi, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 98 and State Highway 35, on the right when traveling east on U.S. 98. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Foxworth MS 39483, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Temporary State Capital (approx. 2.9 miles away); Hanging of Will Purvis (approx. 2.9 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away); Gov. Hugh L. White Mansion (approx. 3.9 miles away); Mississippi Rural Center (approx. 5 miles away); China Grove Methodist Church (approx. 10.9 miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2018.