Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
 

First Session of the Legislature at Concord

 
 
First Session of the Legislature at Concord Marker image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, June 26, 2017
1. First Session of the Legislature at Concord Marker
Inscription.

The first session
of the
Legislature at Concord
was held in
this building March 1782

 
Location. 43° 12.995′ N, 71° 32.544′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is on North Main Street south of Horseshoe Pond Lane, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is mounted above eye level, directly on the former Judge Timothy Walker, Jr., Store building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 278 North Main Street, Concord NH 03301, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Garrison in Concord (within shouting distance of this marker); The Pierce Manse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ratification of the Federal Constitution (about 500 feet away); Franklin Pierce (about 700 feet away); New Hampshire’s First Meeting House (about 700 feet away); Walker School (about 800 feet away); Walker School 1915 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mary Baker Eddy House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
 
Also see . . .  Concord Historic District.
Most structures within the Concord Historic District retain their original uses, either as dwellings or, in the case of several modern structures, as churches, schools, or office buildings. The New Hampshire
The first session of the Legislature at Concord was held in this building March 1782 image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, June 26, 2017
2. The first session of the Legislature at Concord was held in this building March 1782
Legislature first met in Concord on March 13, 1782, in the North Meeting House, but due to the cold the house adjourned to the Judge Timothy Walker, Jr., store, which stood on the east side of North Main Street, while the council met in the south parlor of the minister's dwelling. The original site of the Walker Store is marked by a granite monument, and the structure itself has been moved across the street. (Submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.) 
 
Categories. Colonial EraPolitics
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 48 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement