Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Eldorado in Schleicher County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Schleicher County Courthouse

 
 
Schleicher County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Duane Hall, March 23, 2018
1. Schleicher County Courthouse Marker
Inscription. Constructed in 1923-24, this courthouse replaced an earlier building on this site which burned in 1917. Designed by noted architect Henry T. Phelps of San Antonio, the 3-story Classical Revival structure features four half-round giant order doric columns which support a large entablature with a simply detailed parapet. Native stone for the building was obtained from nearby quarries. The courthouse has been the site of numerous community events over the years.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1991

 
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4406.)
 
Location. 30° 51.601′ N, 100° 35.992′ W. Marker is in Eldorado, Texas, in Schleicher County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of E. Murchison Avenue (U.S. 190) and N. Divide Street (U.S. 277), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is located next to the southwest entrance to the county courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Eldorado TX 76936, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bev McCormick (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Gustav Schleicher (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank Building
Schleicher County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Duane Hall, March 23, 2018
2. Schleicher County Courthouse
Southwest Elevation
Marker is to the right of courthouse entrance
(about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Methodist Church of Eldorado (about 500 feet away); First Baptist Church of Eldorado (approx. 0.2 miles away); West Texas Woolen Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Verand (approx. 4.9 miles away); Christopher Columbus Doty (approx. 14 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eldorado.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Schleicher County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Duane Hall, March 23, 2018
3. Schleicher County Courthouse
Northwest Elevation
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 8, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 8, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.
Paid Advertisement