Near Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected by the Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 8.313′ N, 84° 58.201′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on Georgia Route 39 at milepost 15, 0.9 miles east of Holtzclaw Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha GA 31821, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 4.6 miles away); Florence (was approx. 5˝ miles away but has been reported missing. ); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Spanish Fort, 1689-1691 (approx. 6.1 miles away in Alabama); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 6.2 miles away); Fort Jones (approx. 6.7 miles away); Roanoke (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
More about this marker. Source of marker text: Georgia Historical Society.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Treaty of Coweta Town (1739). Proceedings of the Assembled Estates of all the Lower Creek Nation on Saturday the Eleventh day of August Anno Domini 1739. (Submitted on May 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 3, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on May 3, 2018.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of marker and a wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • • Can you help?