Marianna in Lee County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Dedicated to Pioneer Families of Marianna
Marianna named in honor of
Maryann Martin Harland
Town established 1858 A.D.
Incorporated Oct. 24, 1870 A.D.
1870 Agriculture, Timber
1970 Agriculture, Industry
Erected 1970 by Marianna Centennial Committee.
Location. 34° 46.428′ N, 90° 45.433′ W. Marker is in Marianna, Arkansas, in Lee County. Marker can be reached from Court Street north of East Main Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in Court Square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 Court Street, Marianna AR 72360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lee County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Lee County (within shouting distance of this marker); Lee County War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line).
Regarding Marianna Arkansas. Maryann Martin Harland sold her property for the site of the town and the community was named after her. The first inhabitants of the area were the Indians. Spanish explorer Hernando De Soto may have come to the area in 1541. A century later, the French explorers Father
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 10, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 73 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 10, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.