Rodney in Jefferson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Old Town of Rodney
Windsor Battleﬁeld Tour
Incorporated in 1828, Rodney was noted for its high level of culture, county fairs and business activity. Rodney once contained two banks, two newspapers, 500 people and 35 stores. Cottonseed development, river boat landing, river boat taverns and high literacy made Rodney a leading rivertown. Spared disaster during the Civil War, Rodney declined following the change in channel of the Mississippi River and tragic fires which occurred in 1852 and 1869.
Location. 31° 51.779′ N, 91° 11.997′ W. Marker is in Rodney, Mississippi, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Muddy Bayou Road west of Rodney Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lorman MS 39096, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Rodney to Bruinsburg Road (here, next to this marker); Old Town of Rodney - Structures (here, next to this marker); Dr. Rush Nutt (1781-1837) (here, next to this marker); Laurel Hill Plantation (here, next to this marker); Old Rodney Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Town of Rodney - Layout History of Rodney - Her Rise (within shouting distance of this marker); History of Rodney - Her Fall (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rodney.
More about this marker. Located in front of the Rodney Presbyterian Church
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 5, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 5, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 5, 2018.