Sheppards in Buckingham County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Eve of Appomattox
Erected 1930 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number F-60.)
Location. 37° 23.445′ N, 78° 29.108′ W. Marker is in Sheppards, Virginia, in Buckingham County. Marker is at the intersection of James Madison Hwy (U.S. 15) and Francisco Road (Virginia Route 636), on the right when traveling south on James Madison Hwy. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Farmville VA 23901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. New Store Village (here, next to this marker); Clifton (within shouting distance of this marker); March to Appomattox (approx. 2.4 miles away); Millbrook (approx. 4 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps Camp P-56, Company 1367 (approx. 6 miles away); James F. Lipscomb Cumberland Church (approx. 6.3 miles away); a different marker also named Cumberland Church (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sheppards.
Also see . . . Lee's Retreat. Virginia's Retreat guide. (Submitted on September 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 854 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 2. submitted on March 26, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.