Williamstown in Berkshire County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Site of First Meeting House
in 1797 to make way for the
second Meeting House, completed
1798 and destroyed by fire
January 21, 1866.
Erected by Williamstown Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 42° 42.805′ N, 73° 12.575′ W. Marker is in Williamstown, Massachusetts, in Berkshire County. Marker is at the intersection of South Street and Main Street (U.S. 7), on the left when traveling north on South Street. Touch for map. Marker is at the east end of Field Park. Marker is in this post office area: Williamstown MA 01267, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); World Wars Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); 1753 House (within shouting distance of this marker); Here Stood the West Hoosac Blockhouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of West Hoosac Fort (about 500 feet away); West College (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Meeting House of the First Congregational Church UCC (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamstown.
Also see . . . How Did We Become Williamstown? (Submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 13, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.