Princeton in Caldwell County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Princeton First Baptist Church
A 2nd building was built in 1881 on the SW corner of this site. This church burned in 1893. A 3rd church was built by July 1896. In 1927, Frank Blackburn was hired to supervise the construction of the current sanctuary with the 1st educational annex. In 1959, the church added the present educational wing and chapel.
Erected 2005 by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2195.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 6.602′ N, 87° 53.095′ W. Marker is in Princeton, Kentucky, in Caldwell County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 62) and North Cave Street, on the left when traveling east on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 West Main Street, Princeton KY 42445, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Educational Site (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Black Patch War (approx. 0.2 miles away); Courthouse Burned (approx. 0.2 miles away); County Named, 1809 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trail of Tears (approx. ¼ mile away); Shandy Hall (Princeton) (approx. ¼ mile away); William Prince, 1752-1810 / Founder of Princeton (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princeton.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 26, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.