Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lucas Sullivant Home Site
now a part of the City of Columbus
This tribute to his worth as man and citizen is erected by the Franklin County Pioneer Association in 1927
Rededicated by The Franklin County Historical Society April 30, 1953
One hundred and fiftieth birthday of Ohio and Franklin County
Erected 1927 by Franklin County Pioneer Association and 1953 by the Franklin County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 57.59′ N, 83° 1.138′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street (U.S. 40) and West Innerbelt (Ohio Route 315), on the right when traveling east on Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus OH 43204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Franklinton (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Franklinton (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Franklinton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Headquarters of General William H. Harrison (approx. 0.2 miles away but has been reported missing); Old Franklinton Cemetery Archaeology (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Franklinton Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); “In This Churchyard…” (approx. ¼ mile away); Council Site Between William Henry Harrison and Indians (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . . Lucas Sullivant. (Submitted on October 28, 2008.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,351 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.