Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
and his son Charles were
local residents who advanced
the struggle to integrate
Lockport Schools. Open to all
regardless of race by 1876.
Erected 2018 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 538.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 43° 10.582′ N, 78° 41.148′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Exchange Street, on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lockport NY 14094, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Erie Barge Canal at Lockport (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sluice and Hall Spillway (within shouting distance of this marker); Lockport Bank (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Lowertown Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different The Lowertown Historic District (approx. ¼ mile away); Lockport Federal Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Barge Tie Ups & lock view looking west (approx. half a mile away); The Bewley Building (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
Categories. • Civil Rights • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 7, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 78 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 7, 2019, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.