Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Rev. Dr. Francis Alison (1705-1779)
Dr. Alison was respected as "the greatest classical scholar in America." It is fitting that the University's highest faculty honor is named after him, as is a program for students of exceptional promise.
Alison Hall was constructed in 1953. An annex was added in 1990.
Location. 39° 40.71′ N, 75° 45.082′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker can be reached from Academy Street south of Lovett Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 65 East Delaware Avenue, Newark DE 19716, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lammot du Pont Laboratory (within shouting distance of this marker); Memorial Hall (within shouting Hugh Martin Morris (1878-1966) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Memoriam (about 400 feet away); University of Delaware (about 400 feet away); Harry Fletcher Brown (1867-1944) (about 400 feet away); The Magnolia Circle (about 500 feet away); Dr. Walter J. Hullihen (1875-1944) (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 15, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.