Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Professor Theodore Wolf (1850-1909)
Professor Wolf was a demanding but innovative and popular teacher. He worked to enhance graduate education and established the University's first internship program.
A faculty member for almost four decades, Professor Wolf served as Acting President for a brief time in 1901 and also was Delaware's State Chemist.
This building, named in his honor, was a gift of benefactor Pierre S. du Pont and was completed in 1917.
Erected by University of Delaware.
Location. 39° 40.865′ N, 75° 45.118′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is on The Green south of East Delaware Avenue (Delaware Route 273), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newark DE 19716, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hugh Rodney Sharp (1880-1968) (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert W. Gore, B.ChE., 1959 Wilbur Owen Sypherd (1877-1955) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pierre Samuel du Pont (1870-1954) (about 300 feet away); George Gillespie Evans (1815-1904) (about 300 feet away); In Memoriam (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Hugh Rodney Sharp (1880-1968) (about 400 feet away); University of Delaware (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Education • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 15, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.