Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The A. B. Graham Building

 
 
The A. B. Graham Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., October 28, 2008
1. The A. B. Graham Building Marker
Inscription. In this building, on January 15, 1902, A. B. Graham organized the first boys and girls agricultural club in the United States out of which grew the 4-H Clubs of America.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the 4-H Youth Program marker series.
 
Location. 39° 55.526′ N, 83° 48.509′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Ohio, in Clark County. Marker is on Limestone Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31 N. Limestone Street, Springfield OH 45502, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A. B. Graham (here, next to this marker); The Birthplace of 4-H (within shouting distance of this marker); DeMint Memorial Park (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Purple Heart Memorial (about 400 feet away); H. A. "Harry" Toulmin Sr. (about 500 feet away); Site of Springfield's First Church (about 500 feet away); George Rogers Clark (about 600 feet away); John M. Temple (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
 
Also see . . .  Ohio 4-H Centennial, 1902-2002, "Celebrating 100 Years of Youth Development". Web site has links to the history of A. B. Graham and the
Members of the Original Boys and Girls Agricultural Club Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., October 28, 2008
2. Members of the Original Boys and Girls Agricultural Club Marker
4-H Club. (Submitted on November 3, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.) 
 
Categories. 20th CenturyAgricultureEducationNotable BuildingsNotable Events
 
The A. B. Graham Building image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., October 28, 2008
3. The A. B. Graham Building
Markers are on both sides of entrance. The building is the former Clark County Courthouse in Springfield, OH.
Building Commission Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., October 28, 2008
4. Building Commission Marker
In entrance alcove.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 1, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,714 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 1, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement