St. Louis, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Built in 1918
The Stutz was manufactured from 1911 to 1935 in Indianapolis, Indiana, initially under the ownership and direction of then famous automotive engineer, Harry C. Stutz. The Stutz, which was well known for its Bearcat and Blackhawk, open speedster models, was also famous for its racing successes. But Stutz also produced sumptuous touring cars, sedans and limousines on wheelbases up to 156 inches long.
In 1915, the Stutz became one of the first automobiles to have a motor with four valves per cylinder.
Erected by The Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri and Hilliker Corporation.
Location. 38° 38.169′ N, 90° 13.384′ W. Marker is in St. Louis, Missouri. Marker is on Locust Street east of North Cardinal Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3037 Locust Street, Saint Louis MO 63103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stearns-Knight Building (a few steps from this marker); Locomobile Building Dodge-Reo Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Moon Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Nash Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ford Building (about 400 feet away); Cole-Standard Building (about 600 feet away); Durant-Star Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Louis.
More. Search the internet for Stutz Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.