Glendora City Hall
First historical landmark — Historical Society Museum, original site of 1913 city hall, jail, and fire house — Dedicated May 8, 1990. Bob Kuhn, Mayor, City of Glendora. John Gordon, President, Glendora Historical Society.
Marker commemorating the early settlers who built this Glendora fire station, jail (holding cell) and city hall in 1913.
Placed by Serrano chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1982.
City of Glendora Historic Landmark No. 1, circa 1913.
Erected 1990 by City of Glendora. (Marker Number 1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 34° 8.407′ N, 117° 51.941′ W. Marker is in Glendora, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Glendora Avenue north of Bennett Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 314 Glendora Ave, Glendora CA 91741, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pacific Electric Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Glendora Bougainvillea
Regarding Glendora City Hall. The first municipal building in Glendora was completed in 1913 and served as city hall, fire station, and police department. The building became a meeting place for local civic groups when the new city hall opened in 1922. The Glendora Historical Society established a museum here in 1952. An addition was completed in 1989, with expanded display areas. The museum is open from 11-2 on most Saturdays.
Also see . . . Glendora Historical Society. (Submitted on August 5, 2019.)
Categories. • Architecture • Law Enforcement • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Glendora City Hall.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 95 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 5, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.