Rockville in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Bell Tower Building
Rockville - Founded 1801
In 1893, the prominent architect, Edwin West built the church for the Disciples of Christ Congregation, the oldest Protestant denomination Organized in frontier America.
John T. Bell, Esquire, purchased and renovated the church and property in 1972 to provide a unique home for his law firm in historic Rockville, while at the same time, preserving the historical and cultural significance of Montgomery County, Maryland
Location. 39° 5.004′ N, 77° 9.3′ W. Marker is in Rockville, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Jefferson Street and North Adams Street. This marker is on the rear wall of the Bell Tower Building, accessible from the parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Jefferson Street, Rockville MD 20850, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rockville Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Prettyman House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named The Prettyman House (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Prettyman House (about 400 feet away); Rockville Baptist Church and Cemetery (about 400 feet away); Beall-Dawson House and Park (about 500 feet away); Beall-Dawson House (about 500 feet away); Stonestreet Medical Museum (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockville.
Also see . . . Rockville Christian Church/Bell Tower Building, M:26/10/22. (PDF) Maryland Historic Sites Inventory. (Submitted on September 2, 2019, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for The Bell Tower Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2019, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 2, 2019, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.