Elkton in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built c. 1760
Erected 1978 by Cecil Post and Cecil Unit 15, American Legion and American Legion Auxiliary.
Location. 39° 36.441′ N, 75° 49.883′ W. Marker is in Elkton, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on East Main Street 0.1 miles south of Bow Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkton MD 21921, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fighting Back (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); War in the Chesapeake (about 500 feet away); "O! say can you see..." (about 500 feet away); Elkton (about 500 feet away); Elkton, Wedding Capital of the East Mitchell House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cecil County Doughboy Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Holly Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkton.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Military • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,425 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.