Dover in Tuscarawas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Ohio and Erie Canal / Canal Dover Toll House
1825 - 1913
Canal Dover Toll House
Erected 1995 by The Tuscarawas County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 6-79.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio and Erie Canal, and the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 40° 31.132′ N, 81° 28.566′ W. Marker is in Dover, Ohio, in Tuscarawas County. Marker is on Front Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is about 300 feet east of Tuscarawas Avenue, along the Tuscarawas River. Marker is in this post office area: Dover OH 44622, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dover Concert Band, 1924 (approx. ¼ mile away); Christian Deardorff (approx. ¼ mile away); W. W. Scott, 1891 (approx. ¼ mile away); Camp Meigs (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jeremiah E. Reeves / The J.E. Reeves Victorian Home (approx. ¾ mile Reeves Steel World War II Memorial (approx. ¾ mile away); Al Maloney (approx. 2.2 miles away); C. William "Bill" Kidd (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
More about this marker. The marker is numbered 5-79 on its face. However, its official marker number, as recorded on the list of The Ohio Historical Society is number 6-79.
Categories. • Disasters • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,330 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 5. submitted on March 16, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.