Near Henrico in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Inside Fort Brady
Fort Brady – 1864
Erected by Richmond National Battlefield Park - National Park Service.
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. 37° 23.485′ N, 77° 21.695′ W. Marker is near Henrico, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Hoke Brady Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located on a walking trail in the Fort Brady Unit of Richmond National Battlefield Park. Marker is in this post office area: Henrico VA 23231, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this location, measured as the crow flies. Powder Magazine ( here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Powder Magazine ( here, next to this marker); Guns of Fort Brady ( here, next to this marker); Battle of Trent's Reach ( a few steps from this marker); Guarding the James ( a few steps from this marker); Fort Brady Trail ( about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Brady ( about 400 feet away); The Tides ( approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Henrico.
More about this marker. The bottom of the marker contains a photograph of three “Officers of the First Connecticut Heavy Artillery.” The upper right of the marker features a photograph taken in the Spring of 1865 of cannon at Fort Brady.
Regarding Inside Fort Brady. This marker was replaced by a new one named Guns of Fort Brady (See nearby markers).
Also see . . . Battlefield Tour - Ft Gilmer to Ft Brady. Richmond National Battlefield Park website. (Submitted on January 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 807 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 20, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.